SITREP: Sunday update #1

Last week I worked on magnetizing part of my miniatures and terrain. 

As most of my stuff is set on metallic fender washers, and I'm not to keen on buying tons of small magnets and attach them to each and every base, I've decided to buy magnetic sheets from Supermagnete and attached them at the bottom of my plastic storage boxes. 

Some of my bigger miniatures were set on 40 or 60mm plastic bases, those have been rebased into wider metallic fender washers.

I also have created a couple of artillery markers for Sharp Practice 2 inspired by John Emmett's ones. They are used to mark the remaining canister shoots. 3 by default. 

In addition I created a barricade for the same rules. 


Artillery counters.

On Tuesday I received a package from Stronghold Terrain that includes all I need to finally finish my Sharp Practice 2 American War of Independence forces. For one side I'll use a Perry Miniatures' British AWI box to create the remaining groups of both sides. I like the idea of mixing some Continental soldiers with dyed British uniforms for my state troops and militias. To add a bit more variety to my Continental skirmishers I've purchased a Canadian Militia pack made by Northstar for Muskets & Tomahawk.

In the future I'm planning to purchase new commanders for both sides, as I'm using 28mm oversized Warlord Games one that break the nice proportions of my mostly Perry's force. 

On the terrain front I've been working on a couple of buildings for my Northern France WW2 village. I prepared them in the same way as my Catalan Napoleonic Peninsular War buildings -with a layer of wood filler and patches of sand- and painted them in faded yellows. The idea is to be able to use them both for WW2 Northern France and Italy as well as Napoleonic Mediterranean settings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back in the saddle

Brief update.  After a 4-month break due to health and work issues, I'm finally back in the saddle. The silver lining of such a lengthy ...