SITREP: Sunday update #2

Last week I worked on some of my Northern French buildings and a new group of AWI Continental skirmishers for Sharp Practice 2.

On Friday I received a package from Fantasy Welt that I had just ordered last Saturday. Kudos for their celerity. It included Perry's amazing American Farm House and Rubicon's Utility & Light pole set. I also ordered a batch of 6 extra 8cm tall trees. 

The two Northern France buildings I worked on where from Patrick Miniatures. I painted them in a way they can also be used for my Llardona 1808 long time Peninsular War SP2 project.

Work in progress

My AWI Continental Skirmishers were a pack of North Star figures for Muskets & Tomahawks II. To be precise the French & Indian War French Canadian Militia 1 6 figure set. They look amazing. Really rugged woodsman style. My only criticism would be that I had to work hard to remove the cast marks from the lower legs. It took longer than cleaning most plastic figures.

I've also started researching a bit the possibilities for next year's big Winter War / Eastern Front project for Chain of Command. I found it's better for me to use a Pint Sized Campaign to guide me. That way I can figure out what miniatures and terrain to buy / make. As there was no official campaign for the war in Finland, I found Winter of No Surrender which at first sight seems quite well documented and useful. To complement it I also purchased Storming the Citadel an official PSC from the TooFatLardies. That allowed me to realize that I will need plenty of Russians and Finns as both use four squad platoons. In my shame pile of lead I have plenty of Soviet Russians from Warlord Games, so should be quite enough, but only a limited amount of Finns (by the same maker). In addition, seems that Warlord Games Finn squads lack a LMG, so I'll have to figure out another source or a conversion to get some. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back in the saddle

Brief update.  After a 4-month break due to health and work issues, I'm finally back in the saddle. The silver lining of such a lengthy ...