Back in the saddle & Recap '21

Much has happened in the last year and work and the arrival of a new family member took priority over my hobbies. Finally my life has stabilized again so I can again dedicate some time to one of my favorite and most fulfilling hobbies, historical miniature wargaming. 

I plan to retake my Western European WW2 village project and my Peninsular War Llardona 1808 one. 

Looking at the short term future I'm especially curious about the advent of a 02 Hundred Hours, a new small skirmish game about small night commando raids during World War 2. It was developed by Graham Davey (Grey for Now), one of the main developers of the successful Test of Honour. It's stealth mechanics makes it quite different than any other proposition I've seen on the market.

Another title I'm keeping under watch is Dead Man's Hand by Great Escape Games. It's a simple small skirmish game set in the old Far West, a theme my gaming partner is especially interested in. 

My final wargaming game count for 2021 was:

14x Test of Honour

11x Sharp Practice 2

6x Chain of Command 

All in all, I consider it a decent and variated amount. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back in the saddle

Brief update.  After a 4-month break due to health and work issues, I'm finally back in the saddle. The silver lining of such a lengthy ...